1. No one (not usually anyway) goes into a marriage wanting a divorce/annulment. Ending any relationship is never easy, let alone dissolving a marriage to someone you once committed your life to. But sometimes circumstances change, or factors which are out of your control (e.g. your spouse wants to end the marriage), may force you to re-evaluate your life choices. Dissolving a marriage should be the last resort, but if it has to be done, then it should be done with the right motivations.
2. There are various ways to go about dissolving a marriage (e.g. divorce / annulment). Which is the most suitable approach, would depend on your situation. Each option has different requirements and involves slightly different steps / processes. I will advise you on the various options, requirements, what to expect (i.e. processes, timelines, costs) as well as how best to handle your situation. I will also advise you on your rights / responsibilities in relation to the Ancillary Matters (i.e. custody, care & control and access, maintenance of spouse, maintenance of children and division of matrimonial assets).
3. While speaking to you, I will also be on the lookout for any opportunities to slow things down to see if you can salvage your marriage. I will also be assessing how you are coping, and would recommend the assistance of other professionals where necessary, to help you get through this major step(e.g. counsellors for emotional support). I cannot emphasize the importance of managing your emotional well-being as best as possible, as this would have a direct bearing on the quality of your decision making.
4. Inevitably, when faced with a possible dissolution of marriage, there would be many uncertainties about your future. It may feel that your world has been turned upside down, but “when 1 door closes, another door opens”. I am heartened that many of my clients (at various stages in life) have found happiness after dissolving their marriages. I am humbled to have played a small part in empowering them to take control of their lives once again. You may not be able to turn back time, but with proper advice, you can give yourself a better chance at dealing with the present challenges while preparing for future happiness. I am here to guide and empower you to do just that.
5. Check out our Resources page for further sharing and/or case studies on how various fact scenarios have panned out in real life. Or contact us through our direct line +65 9476 3230 (call / What’s App / text) or e-mail at email@example.com.